Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 02 Sep 2022 17:00:02 GMT by kl lee
I am qualified as Split Year treatment - I am non-UK-resident before Oct 21 and only become UK-resident between Oct 21 and Apr 22. However, 1. My income is over £100,000 from Apr 21 to Apr 22 (non-resident part + resident part) 2. But if count for resident part only, it is less than £100,000 (Oct 21 to Apr 22) Do I still need to submit Tax return to apply/declare I am qualified as Split Year treatment? Thanks
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 15:21:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi kl lee,

Yes a return is still required in order to claim the split year via the SA109 residence section.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.