Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 Sep 2021 08:32:24 GMT by yipchunyu
I read from the HRMC web site that someone can fill up the gap by paying class 3 voluntary contributions for previous years. However, may I know whether it's eligible for people just move to UK from other countries? How many years can I pay back? I read some pages stated that up to 6 years to fill any gap in one's NI. But I also find that "You're a man born after 5 April 1951 or a woman born after 5 April 1953. You have until 5 April 2023 to pay voluntary contributions to make up for gaps between April 2006 and April 2016" Many thanks in advance.
Posted Tue, 07 Sep 2021 09:46:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

This would need to be referred to the National Insurance helpine.

Guidance on contacting them and voluntarypayments can be found here:

Voluntary National Insurance    and :

National Insurance: general enquiries     .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.