Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:17:38 GMT by
Hi, I moved to the United States in 2008, I had a name change, and obtained a new UK Passport. I am trying to access my gateway but my details don't match my passport so I cannot enter my gateway account. What do you need for me to do a name change with HMRC so I can access my tax records and pay for additional pension years. I can send the court records of the name change, and the passport. What else will you need? I tried to call but I keep getting cut off.
Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:37:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If you're unable to change your registered name using your Personal Tax Account, just contact us by webchat, phone or post via:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 16:13:31 GMT by pandayuna
I have been sent a letter regarding my national insurance number. The only problem is they have addressed me as Mr but I am a biological female who has always identified as a female too. Will this be a problem or a one time mistake?
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 10:13:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
I am sorry the incorrect title has been added. To review/update if you contact  National Insurance: general enquiries
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 19:20:56 GMT by user535
Hi I am changing my name, have been successful with passport and driver license, my problem is I no longer have a middle name and when I change my name using the form on my gov gateway account there was no option for blank middle name - just change or not change, how should I proceed by writing?
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 11:27:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi user535

If unable to change online you can either write or call the helpline to update Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:40:03 GMT by Vasililisa
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.