Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 22 Jun 2021 14:11:41 GMT by paulzyppo
Hello, I am an EU citizen, currently permanently employed in the UK and with full settled status( could obtain citizenship as well if it would make a difference as I have been here for over 10 years). I wish to permanently move to Europe whilst still being permanently employed by my UK employer. Is it possible? If so, what would be the procedures( both on my part and my employers part) as well as the tax implications? Please advise!
Posted Thu, 24 Jun 2021 13:52:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

In terms of Income Tax, you would complete the form P85 to advise HMRC that you have now left the UK.

You can still be employed by a UK employer and HMRC will review your tax code for this once the P85 is received. 

You can find more information here:

Get your Income Tax right if you're leaving the UK

Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 27 Jul 2021 14:50:16 GMT by CD1985 Dos santos dias
In relation to the original poster. May I ask about National insurance?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.