Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 04 Nov 2022 14:00:30 GMT by Joe T
Hi HMRC, I have rental income from a property in Hong Kong. I understand that Hong Kong and UK have signed Double Tax Agreement so that the tax paid on such property income in Hong Kong will be deducted when calculating the tax payment to HMRC. Now, While I am still waiting for the final tax result from Hong Kong Tax authority, if I now file the tax return to HMRC, how can I update with HMRC later when I get this tax assessment result from Hong Kong?
Posted Wed, 09 Nov 2022 12:38:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You would still declare the rental income in your UK Self Assessment tax return.

For any tax deducted in Hong Kong, you will claim this as foreign tax credit.

If this information is not yet available, you can submit it at a later date as an amendment to your return. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.