Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 31 May 2022 15:50:51 GMT by wayupbluejay
I am a permanent resident in the UK. I want to buy a house here. I have a savings account in the USA. Will I pay tax if I transfer only the savings not the interest on the savings to the UK. Thank you
Posted Wed, 01 Jun 2022 12:10:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

Threre are no income tax implications with you moving the money from one bank to another. However the interest you receive from the accounty, once it is in the UK, is taxable income.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.