Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 18:15:49 GMT by Paula Coimbra
Since 2013 I am working for same company and back in 2019 when checking my account no Income tax or National Insurance was there, after contact HMRC they asked for me to send the P60, so I did, it was then updated, but the problem continues and I been sending every year the P60, and now they have a big backlog that means my records still not updated from 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, this should be queried by HMRC to my employer, I shouldn't have to send the P60 every year, that's why the PAYE exist,my name, NIN number , address all checked and same as Employer. Asked my employer to check this but HMRC do not allow them to check "my records". If my earnings go in the PAYE file and the employer is paying taxes and National Insurance from my earnings and all the other employees every month , how total paid balance with total of taxes from all if mine is missing? That amount should be posted somewhere I suppose. Any help with this please Thank you Paula
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 15:19:20 GMT by Gerald
I have the exact same issue. Have been calling HMRC and checking with my company for few months. Still no sign of getting it solved.
Posted Wed, 07 Dec 2022 15:56:47 GMT by
HI Paula Coimbra,

Please  re-check with your employer that they hold your correct personal details which are being reported to HMRC through PAYE: 
  • Correct National Insurance Number 
  • Full name 
  • Date of birth 
  • Home address. 
 If that information does not match our records the employment data could be held on a temporary record.

Please contact our helpline again so that we can try and trace your employment record.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 16:17:14 GMT by Gerald
Hey Paula, I called HMRC in Dec and finally they found that I have a temporary record in their system. The previous 9 times I called, they couldn’t figure it out. I guess you make ask them to look harder in the system to see if you have a temporary record. And then they will raise a request to merge the record. But the story doesn’t ends here. While they are merging my record. Now I face an MCI error when I login and here is the details just in case you might need to take reference later… https://community.hmrc.gov.uk/customerforums/pt/915c75b2-8fe8-ec11-b5cf-00155d9c67ba
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 20:13:42 GMT by Paula Coimbra
Hi Gerald Thank you, I will do that, I am getting tired of all this ang going nowhere everytime I call, but will ask them to check that Again thank you, I will update here Paula

You must be signed in to post in this forum.