My parents live in Hong Kong, they are non domicile to UK tax. They want to give a cash gift to me of significant value, I believe there is no tax implications when parents provide cash gift to children. But what if my parents transferred the cash directly to my wife instead as I plan to let her manage the money. Would she have to pay any tax as an in law (or does the cash need to go through me first)?