Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 Jun 2022 15:35:24 GMT by Girish_s82
I was in UK for 2 years on deputation(Work Assignment) and i returned back to my home country in November'21. I have my Gateway ID, Password but i have disposed the SIM which i was using in UK. So unable to get the access code. I tried to resolve this issue using the HMRC digital assistant application and also i tried the link which says need help signing in/I can’t get this code but wasn't successful. I have got my P45 form from my employer but not able to file the self assessment. Could you please help me to login to HMRC website to file self assessment either by emailing the access code on my registered email id or help me to register with a new mobile number(India). Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much
Posted Wed, 22 Jun 2022 12:52:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

When updating the number you get the access code, you need to complete the additional security again. If you are unable to pass the verification you will need to complete a paper tax return.

Self Assessment tax return forms

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 07 Jul 2022 12:29:57 GMT by Girish_s82
thank you for the response. could you please let me know how to update my profile.i.e to change my mobile number. i can answer the security questionaire
Posted Fri, 08 Jul 2022 11:15:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Girish_s82,

If this is for the mobile number the access code goes to, this can only be done when logging in and you choose the option for unable to receive the code, this would then ask you to complete the security again and if passed you will be able to enter a new number.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.