Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 13 Jun 2021 13:04:19 GMT by benuix
Dear HMRC team, I applied for a certificate of residence about a month ago (18 May 2021). The reason was that I moved to Greece and need to prove my tax residence up to 2020. In the certificate application I provided my Greek address. The application was processed and it was completed about a week after that. However, the certificate did not arrive to neither my Greek nor UK address. Today I checked my GOV.UK account details, and noticed that my address was changed to the Greek one. However there was a typo in the Greek postcode, which happened from the HMRC side. I checked my original certificate of residence application and the postcode there was correct. How should I proceed? Is it possible for HMRC to re-send the certificate to the correct address? In the meantime I corrected the address and submitted a new certificate of residence application. Thank you very much.
Posted Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:24:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you have corrected you address and have applied again for the Certificate of Residence,  
when this is processed  it will be sent out to the address we hold .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:33:16 GMT by benuix
That's great, thank you for the prompt reply
Posted Wed, 20 Oct 2021 07:20:50 GMT by faye pasvouri
Hi there, I live and work in the UK. I have applied for a certificate of residence three months ago and I have received nothing instead, neither on my greek nor on my Uk address. I need to do the tax relief in my country otherwise they will tax me there too while I have no income in Greece. I have also posted an online complaint (about a month ago) about which I have received no response yet. What is happening with HMRC? I am really mad and frustrated and as a last resort I will assign a lawyer to deal with this issue. It is crazy since I have called HMRC in August and they reassured me that they will re-send the letter, but they never send anything. I am waiting for over three months now. Why? Will you pay the double taxation in Greece for me when this happens? My name is Foteini Pasvouri and I really want to deal with this issue now.
Posted Wed, 20 Oct 2021 16:17:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 9
Hi, 

You may wish to contact us direct to find out why this has happened.

We would be unable to comment on why this has happened without access to your record. Please contact us here:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.