Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:18:16 GMT by
Dear HMRC customer service team, I received the P800 letter and a cheque for tax refund from HMRC in 2020. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, I was not able to Cash the check until 2022. In November 2022 I go to my bank to cash the Person tax refund cheque from HMRC. Unfortunately the payment is rejected. Could HMRC reissue the cheque ? I try to contact HMRC by 0300 200 3300 but can not get through. Thank you very much!
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 15:48:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, this can be reissued. You will need to return the out of date cheque to:

PAYE & Self Assessment,

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 12 Feb 2024 22:49:14 GMT by
Dear HMRC customer service team, I send the letter to the address you suggested (HMRC, PAYE & Self Assessment, BX9 1AS) by first class registered letter through Royal Mail. Unfortunately the letter can not be delivered and Royal Mail return the letter to my address. I tried again and the registered letter is still returned to me by Royal Mail. Is registered letter OK to send letter to HMRC? Or Is the address mentioned above correct? I look forward to your advice. Thank you very much!
Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:56:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi qy

The address you've given is correct -
Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment,
HM Revenue and Customs,
BX9 1AS.
If the letter you've sent requires a signature, it may be returned if there is no one available to sign for it. You might then prefer to send your letter without the request for a signature on arrival.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.