Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 19:45:17 GMT by Andrew Hood
For the last four years the inland revenue have frequently changed my tax code due to me owing money from previous years, I am PAYE not self employed. I received a tax rebate so was under the impression we were all square. April this year I was told I owed £750 so my code was changed again, then I received another tax code because they predict I will be short by £260. And on the same day another letter telling me I owe a further£3400 from last year and I must pay it by February 2023, as said I am PAYE so I am puzzled by all these demands for Tax that should have been taken at source, baring in mind my tax code was changed last year as well. I contacted HMRC and all the advisor did was read over the information in the letter, I tried to get an answer to my questions, she just kept repeating herself, I did getca bit frustrated she then accused me of speaking to her harshly and hung up. What do I do.
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 09:06:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

We apologise if you did not receive an explanation of why this has occured. Please contact our Income Tax team again or contact us in writing to request an explanation of the underpayments.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.