Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 22 Jun 2021 06:28:24 GMT by mojgarg
Hello Expert, I am from India but now UK resident. I pay full UK tax but submit income tax return(self assessment) in INdia as well . Can someone please advise if we have to pay tax in UK on interest earned in India even if earned money is staying in India as of now? Is this straight forward or should I have to reach out to tax advisor? if so, any recommendations for cheap and best. Regards 
Posted Tue, 22 Jun 2021 13:47:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

Please see the guidance regarding the tax treaty with India.

India: tax treaties

For more information on your specific case please contact HMRC direct. 

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 22 Jun 2021 20:03:19 GMT by mojgarg
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.