Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:46:57 GMT by KacperDubrawski
Hi, I'm an EU citizen with settled status in the UK. I am planning to go back to my home country to live and work there for the next 2 years. I know that my status allows me to spend up to 5 years outside the UK to keep my residency and I need to tell HMRC that I'm leaving. The question is, will P85 form and change of the tax residency for the next two years affect my settled status and UK residency in any way? How coming back to the will work for me when I decide to come back? Thank you for any further answers. Best regards
Posted Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:54:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

Please contact UK Visas and Immigration for advice.               

EU Settlement Scheme, Frontier Worker permit or Service Provider from Switzerland visa applications

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.