Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Mar 2021 23:34:13 GMT by sabrina18
My Aunt just died in the USA, I am going to Inherite 340 dollars, around 240.00 pounds tax away banks money from exchanging from dollars to Pounds. It's coming froan ISA savings account and another account I'm not sure of. Will I be taxed both in the USA and UK for this money or either one country or none? I have been told a few different things so confused
Posted Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:14:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

This would not be taxable income in the UK but you would need to check with the US authorites for their rules and regulations.

Thank You.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.