Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 19:20:35 GMT by trupatibalaji9
Hi , I have received Nudge letter from HMRC. I have never worked. I am only the daughters of my Parents . My dad has added my name in his NRE account to make sure that he has some one jointly in his NRE account for safer side. As mentioned in the letter that I have taken the professional advice. As per professional advised I need to apply for Self Assessments and for that I need UTR number as this is the first Self Assessments for me. My professional agent has applied for UTR in 20-February-2024. But he has not yet received my URT. Due to that he can not apply for Self Assessments. Deadline to reply HMRC is getting closer please advice what should I do to make sure that HMRC knows that I am still waiting for UTR and without the UTR I can not reply. I have called many times to HMRC but they advice me to wait for UTR due to workload there is delay.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:53:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

As you have already submitted a request to register for self assessment, you can only progress chase your request, either by phoning our self assesment helpline on 0300 200 3310 or contact our webchat facility at Contact HMRC.  
We can only provide general information / guidance in this forum and cannot review personal matters.

Thank you
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:11:37 GMT by trupatibalaji9
Thanks Sir. I have never transferred any foreign income from NRE account into the UK. Do I still need to complete the self assessment for tax return and declare it as foreign income ? Do I still need to submit the return? Many Thanks
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 14:49:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi trupatibalaji9,
If you are UK tax resident and domiciled you are liable on your worldwide income even if you have chosen not to remit any of the income to the UK.
You still need to include the income in your tax return.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.