Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 12 Apr 2023 04:24:33 GMT by Annabelle Emery
Hello admin, I have decided to voluntarily work-from-home overseas (in New Zealand) for a company based in the UK, where my work will not generate new business in New Zealand for my employer. This work will occur within the 2023-24 tax year only, during which-time I will not be returning to the UK. I have been advised that it is possible for my tax code to be changed with my UK employer, so that I will not be taxed on this income in the UK, and instead will pay income tax for this work in New Zealand where I will be tax resident. Please can you advise on the process for changing my tax code to avoid double taxation on this income? Best wishes, Annabelle
Posted Wed, 19 Apr 2023 08:21:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Your employer will need to contact HMRC to seek a direction to operate PAYE on an employee's earnings.  

Your employer  or their agent can apply here Apply for a direction to operate PAYE on an employee's earnings.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.