Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 03 Apr 2023 01:30:37 GMT by Vin Chan
Here is the situation: I was one of the owner legally (the other owners are my other family members) of a property overseas which was given by my dad before i moved to uk. Having said that I have not get any rent from it ever since (all into my mother account, who is not living in UK and not a taxable resident in UK), am I still liable to any capital gain tax in UK?
Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2023 11:17:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If the property is sold at a profit, you are liable to Capital Gains Tax on your share for any amount over the annual exemption. You can see more information here:

Tax when you sell property

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.