Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 19:02:51 GMT by LauraGF
Hi, I would like to transfer money from my personal Spanish savings account to my UK bank account. Do I need to declare the amount to HMRC or pay taxes on the amount I will be transferring to the UK? Many thanks, Laura
Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 13:11:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please note that the transfer of money from an overseas bank account to a UK bank account is not, in itself, a taxable transaction. Any interest or dividends arising when the money is deposited in your UK account may however have to be declared.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.