Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:20:07 GMT by richards shackleton
I currently contribute to a pension via my employer each month and tax relief for that is handled correctly. What I would like to know is if I were to pay £10,000 directly into my pension (not via employer) how do I get the tax relief on that amount. I'm a 40% tax payer and the total amount I would be paying into the pension would be lower then my salary and my total pension contributions for the year would be below £60,000 (max allowed I believe).
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 10:48:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please see Tax on your private pension contributions:

Tax relief - GOV.UK (  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.