Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 Mar 2023 22:38:00 GMT by tiggerhw W
Hi, I somehow have got a Govt Gateway ID for personal tax and another for Self Assessment. I don't want 2, how do I get them either merged or one closed and the information placed onto the other one please? I have tried online chat with HMRC and email and they aren't understanding my question for some reason? I know I can use on for SA and one for personal tax and they keep telling me this but that isn't what I am asking - I just want one log in for everything!
Posted Fri, 10 Mar 2023 13:22:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi tiggerhw W,

We cannnot merge Goverment gateway accounts.

You should use the one for Self Assessment as that one will be able to access both.

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.