Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2023 14:40:57 GMT by Bozena Skrzywanek-Keens
you are chasing me for payment of a total of £6,816.49. BUT ,the cheque for £7911.38 (double taxation agreement with Spain) that you sent was far too much and my wife and I contacted you on 23 June 2022. It was agreed that you would cancel the cheque and this is in your notes. I have phoned on 6 July and 20 September. At the last call I was told this would be done by 28 Sept. It is now 11 JANUARY 2023 and the cancellation of your chq for 7911.38 is still not entered onto your system, Original phone call 23 is now over 6 months. Additionally, the original cancelled cheque was sent to you by recorded post from the UK in November 2022, and you have received it, if ever proof were needed A very helpful lady explained to my wife (who is the accountant) and I, that the payment of £7911.38 was to be cancelled. This was the latest contact with HMRC on 14th December 2022. As of now this has still not been done. The frightening thing is that you still want money from me, in total ALMOST 7,000 gbp. All relevant tax for the tax years 2020 to 2021 and 2021 to 2022, were was originally fully paid way way back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me.? The SA109 and HS 304 forms for both 2020 to 2021 and 2021 to 2022 were sent to you, again by recorded mail from the UK, in November 2022. (The electronic versions you had earlier, the HS 304 online, in the summer ) Therefore the total amount that YOU, THE HMRC owes me, as this has already been duly paid n Spain, and you have all the documents required is For 2020/2021 GBP 1,850 For 2021/2022 GBP 1,882 A total of GBP 3,734 PLEASE PLEASE STOP CHASING ME FOR MONEY THAT I DO NOT OWE YOU. MANY, MANY THANKS. COLIN KEENS 
Posted Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:42:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Apologies for the difficulties you have experienced. Unfortunately, we do not have access to individual tax records and are unable to resolve your problem on the forum.

Please call our Income Tax team for assistance.                                        

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 20:56:37 GMT by Bozena Skrzywanek-Keens
Thank you Iit has been sorted now ans the monies refunded.
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 21:04:58 GMT by Bozena Skrzywanek-Keens
Hi, I was advised by a very helpful person in Self Assessment (re DoubleTaxation Treaty Spain) that in filing the SA 100 & SA 109 FOR 2022 / 2023, I should not put down any of the state pension or private pension income in the return. As a Spanish Resident this income will be taxed in Spain. I should only fill in the details of any Property Rental income, which is taxable in the UK. Could you please confirm this, and let me know where I can find this in HMRC guidance Many thanks Kind regards
Posted Mon, 06 Feb 2023 12:14:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You should only declare that income which is taxable in the UK, on the Self Assessment Tax Return. This means that if you are resident in Spain, then your UK state pension and private pensions are taxable in Spain, not the UK, so should not be included in the Self Assessment Tax Return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.