Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 10:52:09 GMT by FHdesign
I work freelance in design and illustration, and I recently have been contacted by companies in Finland and Poland that wish to license some of my artwork. I cannot get paid from either company until I make proof of Certificate of Residence, due to double taxation i am assuming. I am currently half way through the online application on HRMC tax website for this, but I have got stuck with the following questions: What would be the relevant ‘article’ requested the double taxation agreement for both Finland and Poland? Do I need to go through the online application separately for each country? With the question "the subject to tax provisions apply to this foreign income?" What would i answer here? Kind regards.
Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 09:06:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

It is normally article 4 that applies and yes, an application for each country is required.

The subject to tax provisions depends on the actual double taxation treaty for each country.

Tax treaties

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.