Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 05 Mar 2022 17:56:36 GMT by Rachael Lerigo
If you’ve received severance pay whilst working in Hong Kong and want to bring those funds to the UK where we now live, would the severance pay be subject to any tax in the UK. Tax has already been paid in Hong Kong. Thank you
Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2022 12:03:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you are not UK resident and these funds were not paid when you were UK resident then there would be no income tax implications
on later bringing this income to the UK.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 07 Mar 2022 14:27:45 GMT by Rachael Lerigo
Thank you, that’s very helpful.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.