Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 25 Feb 2022 08:59:58 GMT by Thijmen B
Dear all, I arrived in the UK (Scotland) in October as Skilled Worker. On all my payslips my tax code is 0T W1.M1, which I understand now is Emergency Tax. If I am correctly informed this should be corrected by HMRC as soon as my Insurance Number is known. In the meantime my employer has provided my Insurance Number and since a few months my IN is also mentioned on my payslips. However, I am still paying emergency tax. My employer informed me they cannot do anything else for me. Do I just need to be patient, or is there some action required from my side? Thanks in advance, Thijmen
Posted Mon, 28 Feb 2022 10:36:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

If you contact our Income Tax department we can review the tax code:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.