Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 11 May 2024 09:51:14 GMT by PJones-GB
Hello, My final calculation for 2023-2024 tax year is still pending, however I believe HMRC are waiting for a P60 from my employer through PAYE which would be due by 31st May. However, since I left my employer on 28th March, there will be no P60 and already have a physical P45 document which I assume they also send a copy of to HMRC's systems. I have not received any further payslips or taxable income since I left my employer, therefore the information on HMRC's systems as of 5th April is up to date. Do I need to wait until the system calculates my tax which could be up to October, or can I request a manual review of the tax year so that a P800 can be issued sooner, since it is on file that I have already left my employer and the data they need to make a calculation is already present. Thank you, 

Name removed admin .
Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 15:40:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi PJones-GB,
HMRC will automatically review the 2023/24 tax year once all the PAYE income details are received. This includes taxable benefits from employers due in 6 July and untaxed intererst from banks & building societies. Once reviewed if overpaid a calculation will be issued to you. If you want to check the details have been received you can contact HMRC here:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.