Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:00:52 GMT by nomadic_user
I am a UK Resident /Indian Citizen , so if I have submitted my FY21-22 Self Assessment without declaring my income via Interest earned on Fixed Deposit in India. I now understand that it needs to be declare such income & pay tax. Can I do it next year 22-23 ? Will I have to pay any penalty for not declaring in Fy21-22?
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:27:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi nomadic_user,

You need to declare income in the year it is earned so you will need to amend your tax return.

You may be charged a late payment penalty and interest if the amendment results in increased tax that is not paid by 31 Jan 2023.

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.