Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 09 Mar 2023 11:56:35 GMT by jjmjj
Hi, I'm potentially going to become non-tax resident in the UK (living outside the country, and with a foreign job). However, I would like to continue using my personal bank account (Revolut/Wise) to continue receiving my salary. My account is a UK, using an address located here. The question is, can I continue to receive salary and use this account for my expenses if I am living overseas without becoming liable to pay tax in the UK. Any help would be thoroughly appreciated.
Posted Mon, 13 Mar 2023 12:14:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Your salary would not be taxable in the UK, however any interest that arises could be subject to Income Tax. The interest would be treated as disregarded income. .
You can see more information here:

HS300 Non-residents and investment income (2022)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.