Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2023 14:12:08 GMT by Ronnie12 Ron
Hi I am British and currently live in the UAE and work for a company here, I am in the process of going freelance and with this I would potentially be available to be contracted to complete Site visits in the UK , I would be offering a quote from here in AED and would invoice once back here and would be paid into an UAE bank account, I understand the reverse mechanism so the company would be liable to pay the tax due but I have been told that if I work over 30 days spread across the UK tax year in the UK I would have to declare and pay tax on all my earnings from work here in the UAE is that correct?
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 11:39:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Ronnie12 Ron,

That is correct. See guidance at Tax on foreign income

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 11:58:42 GMT by Ronnie12 Ron
That is robbery, I am not a resident and have no investments or family in the UK? no wonder no one wants to come back, how can you tax somone on work that is not in the UK, has nothing to to with the UK on earnings from a country they are a resident in that isnt the UK ?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.