Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 25 Nov 2022 19:53:52 GMT by W B
Hi. I have a regular full time job where I pay 21% tax and NI (I’m in scotland). I recently got an agency job as a second job and on the starter form I filled out option where it said “I have another job”. I handed my documents in on the 10/11/2022. Yesterday (25/11/2022) my first payslip came and I wasn’t taxed at all because the agency put me on the wrong tax code apparently. I phoned them immediately and they said they’ll get payroll to change it. I get paid weekly in this job. I know I should be on a BR tax code and will not get a tax free allowance since my main employment uses that up already. So with being paid £60 I should’ve seen about a £12/13 deduction, which there wasn’t. The new employer has also not appeared under my PAYE details in my tax account. My question is, is there anything else I need to do? I have already told the agency they need to move me onto the BR code and should’ve done that in the first place. Is there maybe a backlog since it’s only been 15 days from handing in my documents to getting paid? Can you please advise as I don’t want to have a backlog of unpaid tax through no fault of my own.
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 12:47:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

We usually expect to have an employment on your record within 35 days of starting, or usually after your first pay.

If you are still unable to see them on your tax account please contact our Income Tax team:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.