Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 02 Mar 2022 05:11:14 GMT by San CA
How is the income from property location abroad taxed? Do I report the gross rent earned? I pay an annual service charge that is paid to the property management company for the upkeep of the community (something like the council tax). Hence my income is the net amount after deducting the annual service charges. Is my tax liability based on the gross amount or net amount (after deducting the seervice charges)? Thanks
Posted Thu, 03 Mar 2022 09:27:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Sandeep Araujo,

If you are UK resident then this will be taxed as UK property.
Guidance on UK property and expenses can be found here, you can use the same rules for a property abroad:

Work out your rental income when you let property

Income tax is charged on your net amount of profit. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.