Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 12 May 2023 17:19:11 GMT by Alexander Robinson
As of 17 Oct 2022 I began receiving a partial Netherlands state pension. This triggered my having to submit a self-assesment tax return starting from the 2022-23 tax year. My question is how do I report the Netherlands pension? A) They don't provide a P60 and B) their tax year is different to the UK one even if they did provide a P60, or its Dutch equivalent. Also, any information I would get from the Netherlands would be for Euro payments. So, do I just report the 4 weekly Stirling payments that I receive in my bank account for each tax year?
Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 13:00:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

Please transpose the pension you received in from the Netherlands (in pounds sterling) in the tax year 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022 into the UK tax year 2022 to 2023.  

There is no need to apportion months.  We accept the 01/01 to 31/12 as the same as 06/04 to 05/04.

You will need to work out how many payments you received Jan to Dec eg. 12*£500.00 = £6000.00.  Declare £6000.00 in your SA tax return.  

You should use the Euro value and convert using the official exchange rates.  

The official exchange rates can be found here - Exchange rates from HMRC in CSV and XML format

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.