Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 Dec 2021 12:05:08 GMT by Suzanne.F
Please can we have an idea of timescale on when we are like to have the Personal Income Tax refund for 2020-2021. It has said 'Your tax has not yet been calculated' and timescales have moved Originally it was October, then it said November, and now there is no timescale at all. I do appreciate we are in an unusual situation this year, but we are only 12 or so weeks away from a new tax year, but when you know that you are owed a few thousand pound, it seems very unfair that the goal posts keeping moving. I made you wait for nearly 9 months for your payment, I'm sure I would be receiving red letter in the post... all we are asking is for a timescale and that you stick to them. Thank you
Posted Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:21:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The majority of refunds will have been issued now, you should contact Income Tax to check if they can calculate the refund.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries    .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 15 Dec 2021 10:47:24 GMT by Suzanne.F
I have tried on numerous occasions to contact you regarding this. I have tried again once more this morning, and it just takes me around in a loop, there does not seem to be any way on contacting you what so ever. Yes, the page explains what I need to do, and I follow all the instructions, and it just takes me back to the page which tell me that 'Your tax has not yet been calculated'. It is awful.
Posted Wed, 15 Dec 2021 12:36:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The only advice I can give is to keep trying to contact us.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 05 Jan 2022 11:59:56 GMT by Jeff
Hi Just to let you know I am in exactly the same position as you so this does not appear to be an isolated problem. Hopefully someone from Hmrc will address it shortly. I believe if refunds due from that 20-21 are not received by the end of Jan 22 then interest is due on the sum due. Regards
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 09:11:34 GMT by Suzanne.F
Hi All, Who ever reads this as a post in the future, you may need to actually contact the HMRC direct, via telephone, as that was the only time I managed to get a response that answered my questions. I rang the week before Christmas to find out what was happening with my Personal Income Tax not been calculated, the adviser looked up my details and clarified that I was due a large refund, and she could process that for me instantly.... not instantly, check a few days later, still nothing to say my Income Tax had been calculated online, Knew that it was now Christmas so waiting until the new year, when I checked again. There was a notification to say what I was owed, I then had to put my bank details , which then took a further 4 days to clear. Whether I would have finally go a postal indication to tell me that I had a refund I will never no!! I think best advise for me is ring, and ring them. As other way of communication just didn't seem to work. GOOD LUCK
Posted Wed, 02 Mar 2022 13:08:34 GMT by StickInsect
Still waiting for my tax to be calculated for the 20-21 tax year. I believe I am owed a reasonable amount too. It says they aim to calculate it by 06/04/2021! Think that ship has sailed. Very quick to claim extra tax from me this tax year though when I declared a refund of my final pension payment. Husband got his refund several months ago now.
Posted Tue, 03 May 2022 09:35:46 GMT by Sam19
I am still waiting for my tax to be calculated for 2020-2021. I phoned up last month, when I finally got through to speak to someone I was told I was due a rebate and it would take up to 7 weeks to receive a letter from them regarding my rebate. I have also put in a complaint which I was informed would be addressed by the 2nd May, I am still waiting for a response. Surely with todays technology this could sorted out with a click of a button as I have been told how much I am owed, if I owed money I would be expected to pay instantly. This really is a shoddy service to I am sure many people will agree.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.