Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 04 Aug 2022 16:20:36 GMT by Nitin Shinde
Hi Team, I have filed self assessment tax return and the system shows my account is in credit and I can claim that refund amount. But when I visit the claim a return page( , the system is asking for the identification using UK passport and Driving License, P60 form. I am Indian citizen and moved out of UK in the April 2021. I have payslips and Form P45, so I am unable to claim the refund. can you please help.
Posted Mon, 08 Aug 2022 10:23:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Nitin Shinde, 

If you are unable to verify to claim the fund online, you will need to contact our helpine:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 10 Aug 2022 13:28:39 GMT by foreignuser2
I have a similar situation. It is unfortunate the moderators of this forum keep referring people to the HMRC helpline. They don't help. They only tell you what you already see on their website. If you cannot claim online, you will get a cheque instead. However, almost no country accepts cheques anymore.......

You must be signed in to post in this forum.