Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2024 12:49:27 GMT by ersoyci
Hello. I am a UK resident, but non-domicile. Can you please clarify the tax-free allowance for following income: - Savings interest from UK bank accounts (at higher rate it says £500) - Dividend income (UK sourced) (24/25 allowance is £500) - Rental income from overseas (should be tax-free considering not being transferred to the UK, please correct if wrong) If I have more than £500 from each savings and dividend income (say £1000 and £750), are the total (£1,750) going to be count towards my Personal Allowance (£12570) and do I need to submit self-assessment for 24/25 since I would be earning above threshold of any? Appreciate any help, a bit confused.
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2024 14:39:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi 

The higher rate Personal Savings Allowance is £500, as is the 24/25 dividend allowance.
If your savings or dividends exceed these allowances, any unused tax free Personal Allowance will be applied to the excess amount.
You would only need to submit a Self Assessment for 24/25 if your savings and investment income (excluding dividends) exceeds £10,000, or your gross dividend income excesseds £10,000.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.