Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 18 Mar 2023 14:55:08 GMT by SFWong
I am currently in UK as resident, not citizen. I continue my part time job online after migrating to UK last year. The earnings / transactions are in HK and deposited in a bank in HK. What should the income be classified as arise in UK or overseas? Do I need to contribute NI for the income? If it is needed, the taxable income should be before or after the deduction of the NI portion ? Thank you
Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:54:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi SFWong,

You will need to determine your employment status by referring to:

Employment status

Either way, you will be responsible to pay the NI and you will report the gross income received and then any allowable expenses on a Self Assessment  tax return. 

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.