Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 Jan 2023 00:25:15 GMT by Gill9532
Hi HOw much tax i need to pay on long term and short term capital gains on sale of mutual funds in india, Under DTA can i claim any tax relief on those, i have paid 15% tax on those in india already. Thanks
Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 13:32:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Gains on disposals of holdings in offshore funds should be declared in box 41 of SA106 and its online equivalent. The rules for the disposal of an interest in an offshore fund can be complex.  

Further guidance can be found at:

IFM12200 - Offshore Funds: Definition of an offshore fund: overview 

The percentage of Foreign Tax Credit Relief will depend on the type of investment.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.