Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 18 Apr 2022 21:44:07 GMT by Neel
My grandfather created a trust fund abroad with myself as the beneficiary a number of years ago whilst he was alive. I would like to bring this money to the UK, would I need to pay tax? He has since passed away unfortunately - in case that has an impact
Posted Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:12:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 11
Hi Neel, 
If you are a UK resident beneficiary of a non-resident trust you may have to complete a Self Assessment tax return and the SA107 supplementary pages. Although there are general rules that apply to all non-resident trusts, each trust is different and is treated separately depending on various factors.
If after reading the guidance below you require further assistance, please write to HMRC with copies of any relevant documentation.
Non-resident trusts
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.