Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:08:26 GMT by James Hirons
I have been an executor for a will. Part of the bequest is a sum of money for a younger relative, however the will stipulated that they are not to receive this money for a number of years. To maximise the value of this gift when eventually transferred, I have been looking at putting the money in fixed rate multi year bonds. These accounts pay interest gross. However, I complete tax returns, and these accounts would be in my name (as I'm required to manage them.) How do I ensure HMRC do not tax me on this money? (or rather, how do I assign someone else's tax allowance to this?)
Posted Thu, 26 Jan 2023 12:52:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Have a look at putting the money into a trust for the individual. There is some guidance on trusts and taxes at:

Trusts and taxes

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.