Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 Mar 2023 16:28:45 GMT by cfotheringham
I've received a tax code notice today. Stating that £12,630 of my yearly income will be assigned to redundancy payments, and the rest of my income this year will be taxed at 20% as CBR. But I have only ever received £3,500 in redundancy payments and will have no more this year, as I have only been made redundant once. So why are is the income from my main employment being taxed so harshly. Will this all be levelled out and this over tax will be subject to a rebate down the line. Whom is the best place to report this to, in order to have this sorted as soon as possible.
Posted Thu, 23 Mar 2023 06:49:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi cfotheringham,

If you contact our Income Tax helpline we will be able to review how the Personal Allowance has been set:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.