Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Nov 2022 18:43:56 GMT by TYK
If I don't need to do self assessment and without UTR#, is it possible to transfer my marriage allowance to my husband? If yes, should he choose "transfer in" or "transfer out" in his self assessment form - SA100?
Posted Fri, 04 Nov 2022 13:26:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You can apply for Marriage Allowance if you do not complete a Self Assessment tax return.
Your husband does not enter anything regarding Marriage Allowance on his return, as you can only transfer the Marriage Allowance to someone else on the return.
Once Marriage Allowance is in place, and we have received the return, we will update the calculation to give him the benefit of the transfer.
Apply for Marriage Allowance

You must be signed in to post in this forum.