Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 25 Oct 2021 08:09:56 GMT by Aaron Draper-Cattell
So, i want to become self employed, and everyone is saying its easy to become self employed just go to the and register. but for me it is not that easy, it keeps taking me to file a tax assessment or return when I simply want to just register as a self employed person, get my utr number and be on my way. It also asks me for a payslip, a northern Ireland drivers license and a passport. now as I am 19 years old, the only possible one I can give is a passport which Ive never had, so id have to buy one, but even then i need to give 2 items, and the others are just not possible. the only identity i have is a national insurance number, birth certificate and a provisional license. its all really confusing to me can someone help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Tue, 26 Oct 2021 13:46:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

If you are unable to verify for an online account, you can complete the on screen and print form to register or call HM Revenue & Customs newly self-employed helpline and we can register you over the telephone:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.