Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 13:47:06 GMT by Charlotte Ho
Hi, I just signed in my personal tax account and tried to get some information about my tax refund as my hr manager told me that I am overpaying the tax but the system said I have no taxable income because there is no record of me being employed. I have worked in my current company for at least one year and the NI and tax deducted from my wage every month so I was very confused, until I found that my name is not correct on the system. It seems like the name my employer used for PAYE is different to the one on HMRC's record. Therefore I submitted the form of changing name and I would like to know if HMRC could calculate the right amount of tax as the NI number is the same
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 11:32:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You should contact our helpline to advise of the details your email is using, as this may have caused a duplicate record to be created,
once we locate that record we can get it transferred to your correct record.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.