Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 26 Jan 2023 16:55:35 GMT by mxu20100506
I have a residential property renting out in the UK, but I live in the US now, when I do tax return, how to calculate how much tax relief I can claim, really confused!
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:04:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will now be considered to be a non resident landlord, which is a criteria for completing a Self Assessment tax return. If you are not registered for Self Assessment, you can register here:

Register for Self Assessment

A paper SA100, SA105 and SA109 would need to be submitted by 31 October every year, with an online tax return by 31 January, in order to avoid late filing penalties and interest. You can download the paper returns here:

Self Assessment tax return forms

If you are able to submit a tax return online, you will need to purchase 3rd party commercial software to allow you to do this. A list of suppliers of commercial software can be found here:

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.