Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 27 May 2023 11:59:51 GMT by
what do you need to do if you decide to leave the uk permanently (other than visits) and want to deregister for tax. My friend is German and plans to return to germany permanently. he had lived in the uk for a long time and receives a uk pension but now wants to leave. he is retired.
Posted Wed, 31 May 2023 14:47:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi duke2023,

Please refer to guidance here:
Tax if you leave the UK to live abroad
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.