Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Mar 2023 15:55:11 GMT by Backinuk
I have recently moved back to the UK after many years abroad. I completed the CF83 and got the list of years and payments I needed to make. I have made the payments but am pretty sure that I have paid into the wrong account for the Type 2 payments. Who can I contact to find out about this? I have tried the main number on my letter but the person I spoke to insisted that I should have a reference number which is not true for overseas payments. Any help much appreciated.
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:31:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Backinuk,

 Thank you for your query. 

The contact number to ring from the UK is 0300 200 3500.

However, I have provided the bank account details for your payment below, this may answer your query.

Class 2 payments
•    sort code - 20-20-48
•    account number - 30944793
•    account name - HMRC NIC Receipts
•    Reference or Beneficiary details
•    Use NINO followed by ‘IC’, surname then initial. If limited to a certain amount of characters, use NINO followed by ‘IC’ and as much of the surname as possible.
 For example:

If your name is Anne Jones, you'd write the reference as QQ123456AICJONESA 

(Special characters can be used if you have a double-barrelled name)

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.