Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 06 Apr 2023 21:57:52 GMT by derek_er Chan
Previously, we can downlaod the SA100 through online But in 2023, if I need a paper form, I have to call HMRC and request form SA100. ( It is found that there is a "SA100 tax return (2023) — for reference only" on HMRC website. ( I wonder if I can print out and use this form to submit? I have to apply for split year treatment. That means I have to fill in the SA106. I can't file your Self Assessment tax return online. Am I right? Also, I don't want to pay for the commercial software, so the only way for me to submit the tax return is submit the paper form, right?
Posted Mon, 17 Apr 2023 12:23:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to complete a paper return if you are not using commercial software. You will need to contact our Self Assessment team to request the SA100.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 09:20:37 GMT by Neil Townsend
Thanks for the link. My theory is that they have tousle;e processing some of the self printed forms by machine, and so they want everyone to use an officially printed one for the form everyone has to do. HMRC - it is really useful being able to download and print a copy of SA100 for two reasons: (1) It makes it easy to draft the final one in case of mistakes when woking everything out, and (2) it means that I have a copy of what I have sent in for future reference. PLEASE consider making is form easily available, perhaps wtih "DO NOT SEND THIS VERISON IN - GET A COPY FROM HMRC TO SEND IN" as a watermark? Thanks,
Posted Thu, 01 Jun 2023 12:40:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You will need to contact our helpline or write to us to request the SA100 form to complete.
As part of encouraging more people to file online the online version is for reference only:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 21 Aug 2023 16:29:18 GMT by HonoraryCarioca
My wife and I are resident in Chile and have rental income from an investment property in the UK. We therefore both file an SA100, S105 and SA109, each year. This (2022-23) year I also need to file a SA108. The issue is that the mail service from the UK to Chile is poor to non-existent (50:50 chance of arrival and never quicker than 3 months). We have never, therefore, been able to register for on-line processing (as this requires a code being mailed out). Additionally, your help line has since advised that on-line registration is not available for non residents. In all previous years, to overcome thus, we have simply downloaded the required forms from the GRMC website, completed them and couriered them to HRMC. This year, however, we have found that HRMC have ceased to make these forms available for download and must be requested. However, even if we do so, the probability is that they will not arrive. Is there a means by which we can still download these forms (for year 2022-23)?
Posted Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:40:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi HonoraryCarioca,
Sorry, the SA100 is not available for download.
The only to obtain a a paper SA100 is to call or write to HMRC to request one.  
Self Assessment: forms ordering

Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 13 Sep 2023 09:53:29 GMT by Prep
Can you provide an email address to request a paper SA100 form? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:43:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Prep,
You can only request SA100 form through the contact channels shown here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.