Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Mar 2023 09:01:44 GMT by Maria Ings
Having drawn down a personal pension I was taxed in the UK, despite being fiscally resident in France. I submitted the relevant form to reclaim this tax in March 2022. I have heard nothing. I have telephoned from France at least 10 times, and have been cut off after 48 minutes each time. I have submitted chase up forms - nothing. I have submitted a complaint form early February which should have been completed by March 10th - still has not bee started. I now have to submit my French tax return, which will require payment of tax on the pension, which I do not have because HMRC have not dealt with my request in over 1 year. I have no idea what to do as no forms are dealt with, no phones are answered - what on earth can I do??
Posted Mon, 27 Mar 2023 16:33:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

We do have a substantial backlog of post due to staff being deployed on COVID schemes. Phones are open 8-6 for you to try and call to chase this up.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 30 Mar 2023 16:26:36 GMT by Stephanie Yared
Hi, my tax code seems to be wrong and I've been charged more taxes. I've been trying to reach you by phone with no success and lines are busy all the time. Can you please advise a way to contact one of your tax officers? Many thanks
Posted Thu, 06 Apr 2023 13:15:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You have not mentioned whether you are resident in the UK or not.  You will need to contact our Self Assessment team to obtain a detailed reply to your query.  

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.