Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 12:35:55 GMT by Gail McNab
I made a voluntary contribution to fill gaps in my state pension 6 months ago. Unfortunately I forgot to put the reference number on my online payment. I informed HMRC and they kindly said they would trace the payment. I still haven’t heard anything and the contribution hasn’t shown up on my forecast. I’m worried that the payment will be lost.
Posted Fri, 10 Feb 2023 15:27:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Gail McNab,

Please be assured that we have ways that we can trace payments that have incorrect reference numbers.
Unfortunately this can sometimes take a little time.
However, we would be unable to check or give much more advice from a general query.
If you feel you have been waiting sometime, please contact our National Insurance Helpline who will be able to check
the progress for you and give you an estimated time fame for action.
The National Insurance Helpline number is 0300 200 3500. 

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.