Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 07 Nov 2022 00:48:56 GMT by Georgia
Hi there, I have recently started a second job and have received my first pay. My first pay was taxed incorrectly at basic rate and I am now due a refund for this, the tax code was automatically changed after being paid and I have been given this advice: "If HMRC have corrected your tax code and you’re due a refund, your employer will give you a refund in your pay." My only question is, when can I expect this payment? is this at the end of the tax year or will this be sooner? Sorry in advance for the slightly silly question, I am seeing some say it can be days or weeks and others say it is the end of the tax year.
Posted Thu, 10 Nov 2022 11:56:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you have overpaid tax during a year and the tax code is changed, you will see an adjustment in your pay the first time the new tax code is used that should reduce your tax by the amount you have overpaid.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.